Scottsdale plastic surgeons Dr. Oren Tessler and Dr. Sergey Turin perform Brachioplasty with the goal of tightening and smoothing the upper arm contour. Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin have helped numerous men and women from Scottsdale, Phoenix, Paradise Valley, Gilbert, Glendale, and surrounding AZ cities boost their self-confidence and physical appearance with arm lift and other types of body contouring procedures. Our surgeons understand that the needs of different individuals’ bodies are unique and work to create a highly customized treatment plan to suit the needs of each patient.
Ideal Candidates for Arm Lift Surgery
Brachioplasty plastic surgery is the perfect procedure to get rid of ‘bat wings’ and other aesthetic imperfections in the upper arm region. You may be a good candidate for this treatment if:
- You are physically and emotionally healthy.
- You have hanging upper arm skin and wish to appear healthy and fit again.
- You wish to tighten and tone your upper arm region following weight loss.
- You are near your ideal weight goal.
- You have reasonable expectations about the outcome of this procedure.
Dr. Oren Tessler and Dr. Sergey Turin are uniquely placed to let you know whether this treatment is for you. During your initial consultation visit at Tessler Plastic Surgery, your surgeon will examine your upper arm and listen to your concerns. He will also take your medical history and expectations into consideration before charting the way forward. The surgeon may recommend that patients who have good skin elasticity in the upper arm have liposuction instead of an arm lift.
Benefits of Brachioplasty
An arm lift is a great procedure choice for men or women who are looking to enhance the appearance and form of their upper arms. This cosmetic treatment offers many unique benefits:
- Removes excess skin and fat – enormous amounts of skin and fat between the armpit and the elbow can be particularly problematic. It is not uncommon for affected individuals to feel self-conscious and sometimes even embarrassed. Worse still, exercise and dieting may not yield the beautiful results you are looking for. Arm lift surgery removes unwanted skin and fat from your arms for a dramatic aesthetic improvement.
- Enhanced shape and tone – during Brachioplasty surgery, plastic surgeons will tighten and support the tissues beneath your upper arm skin. This results in an improved shape and reveals underarms that look much better.
- Better proportionality – sagging skin and excess fat deposits can result in arms that look out of proportion with the rest of your body.
- Brachioplasty plastic surgery is an excellent procedure to alleviate this issue so that you feel more confident in your form and silhouette.
- Improved choice of clothing – many people who have less-than-desirable upper arm appearance may refrain from wearing sleeveless tops and dresses. Arm lift surgery gets rid of excess skin and fat and reveals an upper arm appearance that you are eager to show off.
Brachioplasty is a delicate procedure that requires extensive training, experience, and expertise in order to perform properly. For patients, the key to a successful procedure is to find the right surgeon. Dr. Tessler brings keen professionalism as well as a commitment to results and safety to the job. Whatever your goals, the surgeon’s focus will be fixed on delivering an excellent outcome.
Types of Arm Lift Surgery
Dr. Oren Tessler and Dr. Sergey Turin specialize in a number of arm lift techniques to suit the needs of different patients.
- Liposuction only – patients who have excessive fat deposits in the upper arms but good skin elasticity can benefit from liposuction alone. Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin will create tiny incisions in the treatment area then use a special device known as a cannula to remove it. This is a minimally invasive procedure that has a much shorter recovery time and results in little to no scarring.
- Traditional arm lift – the traditional arm lift technique aims to remove large amounts of loose skin and fatty tissue in the area between the armpit and the elbow. This is the right procedure choice for patients who wish to get rid of significant amounts of fat and excess skin from the entire upper arm area.
- Extended arm lift – this is the most comprehensive type of Brachioplasty that aims to correct severe skin and tissue laxity. Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin create an incision within the inner arm then use it to alter the entire circumference of the upper arm to reveal a toned and attractive appearance.
During your initial consultation visit to Tessler Plastic Surgery, the surgeon will take the time to explain the various treatment modalities and help pinpoint the right technique for you.
Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin’s Procedure Approach
Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin perform Brachioplasty cosmetic surgery in accredited medical facilities. The surgeon’s anesthesiologist will start by administering general anesthesia in order to ensure the patient’s safety and comfort throughout the procedure. Dr. Tessler or Dr. Turin will then create an incision within the inner arm, outer arm, or armpit and use it to remove excess tissue. Once the desired changes have been made in line with the goals of the surgery, the surgeon will close the incisions and bandage the treatment area. You will then be put in the recovery room where your vitals will be monitored before you are allowed to go home. This procedure is completed within 3 – 4 hours.
Recovery After Brachioplasty Surgery
The recovery duration following arm lift surgery will vary from one patient to the other. It is not uncommon to experience swelling in the treatment area within the first 2 weeks. The compression garment provided by the surgeon will help control this swelling as well as shape your results. Painkillers and antibiotics may be needed to help improve your comfort and prevent infections. Most patients are able to resume modest activities within 3-4 weeks following an arm lift. However, you will be asked to desist from strenuous activities until after 6 weeks. Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin make a great effort to conceal the incision under the arm in an area where it’s hardly visible. The surgeon will also recommend steps and products to help ensure that your scars fade well with time. Our office will be available throughout the recovery duration to provide the support and guidance that you need.
Expected Procedure Cost
The cost of arm lift surgery varies greatly depending on the specifics of the treatment. On average, most of Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin’s patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Glendale, Paradise Valley, and nearby Arizona areas can expect to pay between $5,000 and $9,000 for this procedure. Health insurers typically do not pay for arm lifts or any cosmetic procedure. During your initial consultation at our office, the surgeon’s team will provide all the financing information you need to start making arrangements for this treatment.
Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin’s Credentials
Oren Tessler, MD, is a board-certified plastic surgeon serving the Scottsdale area. Dr. Tessler is highly proficient in multiple plastic surgery techniques, including body contouring, breast procedures, and maxillofacial surgery to help reduce any complications. Dr. Tessler earned his MD – MBA at McGill University. His plastic and reconstructive surgical training were concluded at McGill University followed by his fellowship training at Harvard University, both of which are of the best and top-ranked medical programs throughout the U.S. and Canada. He was also appointed as an assistant and associate professor of Plastic Surgery at Louisiana State University and Tulane University. Dr. Tessler has served as Director of Plastic Surgery at University Medical Center, as well as contributed research and trained dozens of upcoming plastic surgeons. Dr. Tessler’s passion lies in restoring form and function and improving the quality of life of his patients, whether it be with an arm lift or any other type of plastic or reconstructive surgery. He brings a friendly and personalized approach to plastic surgery while working with highly qualified anesthesiologists and other medical specialists.
Sergey Turin, MD, is a board-eligible plastic surgeon serving the Scottsdale area. Dr. Turin has experience in all areas of plastic surgery, including breast and body reconstruction, nerve pain and neuroma surgery, high definition liposuction and fat transfer such as BBL (brazilian butt lift) and facial fat grafting, and facial aesthetic surgery such as facelift, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery. He graduated with Honors from the University of Illinois College of Medicine and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He finished the Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency at Northwestern University in Chicago before moving to the Phoenix area to join Dr. Tessler in practice. Dr. Sergey Turin has also presented on reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery at many international, national, and regional meetings, speaking on topics such as rhinoplasty, liposuction and BBL, breast reconstruction, facial aesthetic surgery, and other research subjects. Dr. Turin has authored over 50 articles and numerous book chapters.