HOME | NON-SURGICAL | BOTOX
BOTOX Scottsdale AZ
The repetitive movement of muscles during facial expression often results in wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. BOTOX is an innovative non-surgical treatment that alleviates facial imperfections without the need for invasive surgery. Plastic surgeons use this injectable muscle relaxant to get rid of worry lines, crow’s feet, and frown lines. One of the best things about BOTOX is that it is a quick ‘lunchtime’ procedure that has zero downtime and starts to yield results within 48 hours.
BOTOX has been the most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedure for multiple years. In 2020, there were more than 4.4 million BOTOX treatments administered in the US (according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons). This unique treatment also boasts one of the highest satisfaction rates among all plastic surgery treatments. More than 95 percent of patients on review platforms Real Self and Real Patient Ratings said that they were happy with the outcome of their BOTOX injectable.
Scottsdale plastic surgeons Dr. Oren Tessler and Dr. Sergey Turin offers BOTOX injections to men and women in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Paradise Valley, Gilbert, Glendale, and surrounding AZ cities. They have helped countless patients reduce the appearance of wrinkles and achieve an attractive and youthful facial appearance with this treatment. Our surgeons understand that different patients have unique needs and create an individualized BOTOX treatment plan to achieve your desired cosmetic outcome.
What is BOTOX?
BOTOX is a neuromuscular toxin that is approved by the FDA for treating imperfections resulting from natural aging, gravity, and sun exposure. The injectable works by freezing targeted muscles and temporarily suspending the wrinkling process. This relaxes overactive muscles and improves the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and enlarged jaw muscles, and other unwanted signs of stress and aging. Patients who undergo this treatment enjoy a pleasant, natural-looking appearance that “takes several years off your age”.
Who is a Candidate for BOTOX?
BOTOX is an FDA-sanctioned drug that is injected into muscles to correct wrinkling and other imperfections on the face, neck, and chest. You may be a candidate for this non-surgical treatment if:
- You are in good overall health.
- You are looking to improve the appearance of facial wrinkles on the forehead, neck, or between the eyes.
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome of this treatment.
While most people are qualified candidates for BOTOX, it is important to note that this treatment is not for people who have a history of neuromuscular disease. Pregnant or breastfeeding women, individuals who are suffering from an infection or illness, people with weaknesses in the targeted muscles, and those with ptosis, thick facial hair, deep facial scars, skin disorders, or marked facial asymmetry are generally NOT good candidates for this treatment.
What Does BOTOX Treat?
BOTOX is one of the safest and most effective non surgical options for reversing signs of aging and achieving a youthful and natural-looking facial appearance. This treatment may address the following cosmetic issues:
- Forehead wrinkles and Frown lines – frown lines (sometimes called the 11’s) between the eyes can create the impression of tension, anger, stress, and aging. Lines around the mouth may also result in permanent frown lines that add years to your real age. Plastic surgeons and dermatologists use BOTOX injections to stop frown lines and improve the entire appearance of your face.
- Fine lines and wrinkles – small lines and wrinkles in areas of the face are a common aesthetic concern. BOTOX injections relax overactive muscles to result in a smooth and youthful facial appearance.
- Crow’s feet – BOTOX is a safe minimally invasive alternative for individuals who are looking to correct fine lines that form around the eyes.
- Square jaw – plastic surgeons sometimes use BOTOX injections to reduce the appearance of a square or wide jawline. The treatment takes about 10 minutes to complete and reshapes the jawline into a thinner and more defined shape.
- Neck imperfections – aging can result in horizontal wrinkles in the neck and muscles that protrude and pull down on the face. Dermatologists and plastic surgeons often use BOTOX to relax the culprit muscles and achieve the benefits of a facelift.
Medical Uses of BOTOX
Doctors and other medical professionals may use BOTOX to address a wide range of medical conditions, including the following:
- Lazy eye – also referred to as amblyopia, this is reduced vision in one eye that may be caused by an imbalance in the muscles that position the eye.
- Cervical dystonia – this is a painful condition that is characterized by involuntary contraction of neck muscles, causing the head to twist or turn into uncomfortable positions.
- Hyperhidrosis – this is abnormally excessive sweating that is not related to exercise or heat.
- Muscle contractures – certain neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy can result in physical shortening of muscle length. In some cases, doctors may be able to relax the contracted muscles using BOTOX injections.
- Bladder dysfunction – urinary incontinence (unintentional passing of urine) caused by an overactive bladder may be addressed using BOTOX.
- Chronic migraines – BOTOX can sometimes be injected around nerve endings to help block the release of chemicals necessary for pain transmission during migraines.
- Eye twitching – eye twitching or ocular myokymia may be alleviated by addressing the contracture of muscles around the eye.
How is BOTOX Administered?
Injecting this neuromuscular agent requires a seasoned hand so as to achieve a natural and balanced outcome. Dr. Tessler or Dr. Turin start by applying a topical numbing cream or ice in order to ensure the patient’s comfort during treatment. Once this is done, the surgeon will use a syringe and very fine needles to transfer the BOTOX injectable from a vial into the targeted muscles. This procedure is generally painless and can be completed in as little as 10 minutes. Keep in mind that you may need to undergo an additional injection after every 3-4 months in order to maintain the outcome of your BOTOX treatment.
Expected Procedure Cost
The cost of a BOTOX injectable in Phoenix will vary based on the extensiveness of the treatment. Many of our patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Glendale, Paradise Valley, and nearby Arizona areas can expect to pay between $150 to $900 for a simple treatment targeting the forehead and eye area. Health insurers usually do not pay for this non-surgical treatment unless it is a medical necessity. During your visit to Tessler Plastic Surgery, the surgeon’s office will provide an individualized cost estimate based on the specifics of your treatment.
Book Your BOTOX Treatment in Phoenix today
Our staff at Tessler Plastic Surgery is at the forefront of the latest technology and research in the field of plastic surgery. Both Dr. Tessler and Dr. Turin have authored dozens of articles in leading plastic surgery journals and earned national acclaim for their work and contributions to this area of medicine. We believe that each patient’s body is unique and pursue an individualized approach to yield the best possible outcome with every treatment. Numerous patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and other AZ areas have benefited from our surgeons’ expertise in BOTOX injectables. Get in touch with office to learn more about the best BOTOX injectables in AZ.